Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowblower dies when put under a load

Posted by duffydirtball Minnesota (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 23:24

Hi all,

I have an MTD snowblower. When I start the snowblower, it dies when I put it under a load.

I have tried a number of different things, and it dos not seem to help.
I purchased a new carb... no luck.
I replaced the spark plug, and it starts better... but still no luck.
I removed the spark plug, and put my thumb on the hole and pulled the rope. Has compression.

Basically, it will run all day (or until it runs out of gas) while under no load. I can walk around the entire yard with it until it runs out of gas. Once I put it under a load... dies.

Also, if I start it, and run it... it will run. When I turn it off and restart it... it is hard to restart it. It is better since purchasing the new spark plug.... but still hard to start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Duffydirtball

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowblower dies when put under a load

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 6:11

Does the new carb have and adjustable main jet under the bowl? like the old Tecumsehs? How old is it and what model of motor.

It's almost certainly carb related. In the jets. Strange that a new carb didn't fix it.

o
RE: Snowblower dies when put under a load

I wonder if the governor spring is broke or missing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here