Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Multipurpose Tool for Clean up tasks

Posted by rrah (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 8:04

H and I were discussing some tool needs we have recently. We need to replace a trimmer/edger and could really use a leaf blower. Typically we just let the leaves do their own thing as they blow off into the woods, but not this year.

It seems like I've seen a sort of multipurpose tool that has the power source and engine and then several attachments such as a blower and a trimmer and perhaps a hedge cutter. I don't know if I saw this in a store or on TV. I didn't need it at the time so ignored it.

I've searched for something like this with no luck. Any suggestions? We would much rather buy and store a single tool rather than 3 or 4.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Multipurpose Tool for Clean up tasks

I've been doing a little research on the same subject. I know that Stihl, Echo, and Poulan have a number of different multi-tool systems available. Just do a search as follows and it should take you to see what's available:
"Echo Pro Attachment Series"
"Stihl Multi-task tools"
"Poulan Pro attachments"
I imagine there are more brands available.

o

Its early yet, I do nothing about leaves. Very few are left come first mow in the spring. :)

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 9:56

Multi tool systems are a fantastic concept. I've looked into them a little, but always stopped when I got into the $$ for a "name brand," e.g. Stihl.

I guess the advantage would be only one two cycle engine to keep happy, the disadvantage would be if that engine gets cranky.....:-(

I was looking for a leaf blower/vac a while back and was also thinking of replacing the weed eater (Stihl). After looking around, ended up spending a few bucks on the weedeater and purchased a blower/vac (reconditioned full warranty) from Amazon for something like $70 deivered. That was 4 years ago, the reconditioned machine runs great, both my brother and I use it and no problems.

Guess there's also the question of how much you'll use the device? Two cycle engines like to be run, and are not as happy sitting idle. Multi tool machine you'd use all spring, summer and fall, where a leaf blower would have limited use and sit idle. Small tillers/cultivators are used in the spring and then sit idle.

I've decided to stay with "pupose built" tools as opposed to "one size fits all."

Good luck,

Ev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here