Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new snow thrower advice

Posted by alicemagooey z5 ON,CA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 11:33

Hello..I think i have read all the other snow blower posts.

i do not need or want anything as massive as the ones referred to..

please advise, as i have a couple specific questions.

specs and details.
older operator..needs something easy to use and self propelled and not too heavy or difficult to store.

do not want electric ( tried it..)

am looking at the new Toro Power clear series.
Either the 210R38587or 89..
OR
421 Q 38588

i cannot find reviews for the power clear which tell me the following information.:

can the operator also handle snow which the city snow blowers have made into "mountains" at the end of the driveway?

hopefully someone here can help.
many thanks
alice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new snow thrower advice

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 16:15

I'm not familiar with the models you refer to, but the 2-stroke Toros really work well. Simple, one-stage models and can handle almost any snow, even wet snow, if not too slushy.

Even the large models don't work well when you try to remove plowed snow that contains slush, frozen ice, and hard snow.

Sometimes it can't be done at all if you don't get it right away.

o

Many thanks Baymee.

i think we are going to go with the Toro brand ..one stage model... i think it will do us very well.

thanks again.

o

I love my Ariens, always runs smooth. one of the nicest running engines I have owned.
I would always have great things to say about this machine.
I absolutely Love it.
Maybe old gas or your carb got gummed up?
I always use Stable
I usually dont join or post. But this Machine is worth boasting about. American made and Made right, now thats worth mentioning to me. Six years of flawless service. I pull it out and every year and it starts just like when I put it away. Never needed to drain gas or play around with it. Runs on old gas just as good as the new gas. I have owned the Hondas, the Toros, Sears. But this Machine has all them beat.
Doesnt throw real far, but I cant stall it when it comes to the deep or heavy stuff and believe me I have tested it. No problem with ice and it cleans up the small stuff. Never been serviced. Hell I even ran a few News papers through it.
Nothing more I could ask for with this machine.

o

thanks for the review of the Ariens..well, we went for the Toro..gonna snow pretty soon..it is a smaller machine..we went for the smallest Toro..but it will be fine for us..i think

alice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here