Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good tools sized for kids

Posted by woost2 WI (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 16, 11 at 11:46

I'm on the hunt for shovels and hoes that are sized for kids but also of good quality. There is so much junk out there. Even the heavier metal products are poorly designed with weak spots that give out. We were recently given some "groundbreaking" shovels ... just the right size and very sturdy. They are terrific.

We have over 2000 kids come through our kids' garden, school gardens and youth farm projects every year so the need is vast!

Ideas?
Many thanks.

www.communitygroundworks.org

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good tools sized for kids

I bought a small shovel at Harbor Freight a little over a year ago (for digging under the house) that I have been happy with. It has a fiberglass handle and is great for a kid. I like it much better than my military Fox Hole type of shovel, but it can not be made into a hoe or a pick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here