Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
460 Husky chainsaw

Posted by hodge28 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 12:05

I have a new 460 husky with about 20hrs on it. It starts and idles fine When i try and give it full throttle it bogs out? Air filter looks clean and i sprayed it with carb cleaner. Didnt make a differenceany ideas???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 460 Husky chainsaw

Did it run good before, have you switched to gas with ethonal, has it been stored for a while. It might be a partially clogged carb, you could try turning the low adjuster counterclockwise 1/4 turn. If that doesn't help the carb might need cleaning. Steve

o

Yes steve it sat for a week or so and it's the same gas that i got when the saw was new. Itis the etonal gas but was running fine on it. I tryed the adjustment and still the same willtry and spray the carb out. Thanks for your response.
paul

o

change out the fuel line, the fuel that we have now breaks down and softens the lines. As you throtle up the saw the fuel line pinches together and stops fuel flow.I have seen this alot, even on new saws that have run only a 1/2 dozen tank full through them.

o

Hodge: I also just picked up a New 460 Rancher 2 mths ago . Since it was purchased in Michigan (ethanol) I dumped the fuel asap. You can try what Steve recommends , also you may wish to 1st purchase some concentrated fuel cleaner add 2 ounces to non ethanol fresh fuel if possible . Let it sit 20 minutes to activate within the fuel circuits . Then attempt normal starting procedure , use the purg pump to prime and clean the carb . Keep the saw running with partial choke if required to allow the fuel to circulate within the partially restricted circuits. Once warmed up you can then tune the idle to your preference. It may take a few attempts and 10 minutes of run time to begin to clean the system . I have cut over two cords of Maple and so far have experienced no concerns. I use Amsoil Sabre(Full Synthetic)Oil mixed at 50:1 Ratio . All the Best .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here