Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grage door opener code

Posted by jacob904 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 20, 09 at 12:33

I have a genie intellicode garge door opener i want to change my keypad code but i don't know how to it has a program button what do i do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grage door opener code

Go to their internet site as I did and get the instructions.
They are hard to follow but after several tries I got it to work. Good Luck

o
RE: grage door opener code

This is straight from Genie.

Step-By-Step Programming Procedure

1. Reset Keypad--slide keypad cover half way up. While pressing the # and 8 buttons simultaneously, slide the Keypad Cover the rest of the way up until it latches. Release # and 8 buttons. At this point, if the back lit keypad light stays on, proceed directly to step 2. If the back lit keypad light goes out, close the cover pad and reopen it until it clicks. Proceed to step 2.
2. Press 3, 5, 7 and # buttons in said order.
3. Enter your PIN and press the # button. Your PIN number can be created from any group of numbers up to 8 digits of your choice. Note: Do NOT use"#" or "star" key.
4. Enter Door Code, as determined from the chart at left, and press the "star" key.
5. Slide Keypad Cover down.
6. Test Keypad by sliding cover up until it latches. Enter your PIN and Press "star" key. Your door should operate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here