Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna chainsaw tension adjustment

Posted by sla_deano Illinois (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 12:53

When I run my 3-year-old 353 pro model after adjusting the chain tension, it soon becomes very tight to the point of overheating. I readjust it, and then the chain quickly becomes so loose I can't cut with it. At first this happened periodically. Now it is so frequent that I had to stop using the chainsaw.

What may be causing this adjustment problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna chainsaw tension adjustment

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 14:18

Remove the chain and have a look at the drive sprocket. It likely has a T shaped groove worn in it, time to replace. If it is the floating rim type, replace the rim.

o

And make sure the oiler is working. Steve

o

I'd take the bar off, clean out the grove and oil hole, and make sure the oiler isn't plugged. While you're at it inspect the sprocket for wear.
Is this a new chain? .325, .375, and .375 Lo Profile won't interchange.
When you put it back together you can test the oiler by putting a piece of cardboard on the ground and running the saw. You should see a spray of oil left on the cardboard.
Is this an Intenz bar or a conventional bar?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here