Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Old Toro 826 Purchase Advice

Posted by tanquerayg (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 12:54

I am wondering if $250 for a decent condition Toro 826 is a good price. I do not know how old it is. It doesn't have electric start. Please advise me.

Also what should I do to test it before I buy it? I fix my old car all the time so I can take a careful look if I knwo what to check.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Old Toro 826 Purchase Advice

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 23:34

If the seller will let you, remove the air box and shoot a little gas, NOT ETHER, into the carb to see if it will fire. It will probably need a fuel line and carb o/h kit. Can you post the model and serial number?

o

The seller says it runs fine. He confessed he doesn't know how well it blows snow since he is a repair guy who bought it, fixed it, and is now selling to make money. He says it is about 15 years old, 2 stage, no electric starter. If I go see it today, I will check model and serial number. Any thoughts on its value? I suspect it is worth less (maybe $150) but I think it is a good opportunity to get such a reputable machine. Is a it a reputable machine?

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 23:45

Of course he says it runs fine, he is selling it. If you live in Florida it is probably worth little. On the other hand, it could fetch a bundle in Buffalo.The model number would help.

o

I can't get the full model number.

I live near Boston. So you think it is worth $250?

o

Keep in mind a new one of the same model is priced over $1000.

If in good condition, as in everything works and no repairs are imminent, I'd say its worth it. If taken care of, these things can last 30 years or better.

o

I bought a used Toro 826 Model ?8150 Serial 0004094 which I can't get to start. I have the choke in the down position and there isn't any prime button. The guy I bought it from started it right away but I can't. Any advice?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here