Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homelite XL Chainsaw

Posted by rmm1 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 13, 10 at 14:48

My saw has another hole in the gas tank other than the one for the fuel line. Its on the outside corner of the tank towards the top(the pull rope side) Should there be something in it like a plug? It is spitting gas out when it runs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homelite XL Chainsaw

rmm: This may well for the auxiliary breather vent line or crankcase impulse line back to the tank . You will have to forward further Model Designation info . There are a few Homelite Enthusiast's within the Forum who can give you detailed info once they have this necessary data.

o

The UT# is 105064. S/N 780370220. I found a parts diagram. It says that there should be a duck bill check valve there. Does anyone know where I can get one? The part # is 69451 or 89451, its hard to read. Thanks

o

Bill normally handles all Homelite issues. Have not seen him on the forum of late unfortunately . I know you can find one on the Chainsawer.com web site , check it out !

o

I found the part on Ebay, thanks for the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here