Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gilson model 39032 D

Posted by edsherwood 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 16:30

I have a Montgomery Wards, Gilson, Model 39032 D tiller and need to change and route the drive belt. I would appreciate any help.
Ed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gilson model 39032 D

This link might help. Plus, there might be a good youtube showing the process. Good Luck!

http://www.ehow.com/how_8777242_install-reartine-tiller-model-gil39032a.html

o

thanks for the response, I only have two belts, model d; unless the other was not there, I cant seem to locate a manual; I have been all over the web, rustytillers, manualsonline; no luck. I did find a picture someone had posted that shows a fair amount of the belts.
If I knew the right length that would help, mine was worn down to the outside ribbon of belt, it worked ok in reverse, but i couldnt get it to grab forward; I will keep looking and post a picture and or manual if I find one.
Ed

o

I have an OLD Gates belt book.
The only "39000" series Gilson listed is a 39007A

Drive belt is Gates 6835- 35"X 1/2"
Reverse belt is Gates 6737- 37"X3/8"

IF the reverse belt is "good" and seems to match the above dimension, you might use it to compare the drive belt length and see if it seems like a plausible fit.

o

Duplicate- ignore

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 14:48

o

I have an OLD Gates belt book.
The only "39000" series Gilson listed is a 39007A

Addition-
Found a 39011D in the MW section
Drive 6833 33X 1/2"
Reverse 6727 27x 3/8"

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 13:53

o

The old belt was 44 1/2 and probably 3/8; I took it to the local hardware. I tried to route it, it seems a little short, or I dont have it quite right. I may call a toro dealer and try to get a manual; it ssems like I read a post here that suggested that, thanks again. I will follow up if anymore develops.

o

I called lawn boy and they gave me these numbers: drive belt- original # 200555 that turned into a lawn boy/toro 705361 which I crossed to a 3L460 or a Dayco L346; tine belt- original 200554 that turned into a lawn boy/toro 702603 which I crossed to a 4L460 or Dayco L446. This boils down to drive + 3/8 X 46 and tine 1/2 X 46 both in inches.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here