Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grossepointe_gw

Didn't expect to be happy with my new leaf shredder!

grossepointe
9 years ago

Well, I bought myself another garden toy - an electric leaf mulcher/shredder. I have always mulched all my oak leaves. In the front yard where I have lawn, I use my mulching blade on the mower and it does a perfect job. But I have no lawn in the backyard - a full shade garden with many oak trees. For the past several years my method was to rake all the leaves onto a tarp, drag them out onto the front yard, mulch with the mower, put 'em back on the tarp and drag them to the backyard. Oy vey. So I decided, what the heck - I'm going to try the Worxx Electric Leaf Shredder and if I don't like it, I'll return it. I had the Worxx 3in1 blower/vac/shredder that you wear on your back - forget it. I spent all my time emptying the dang bag. Even tried to sell it at my garage sale and nobody wanted it. So I was hesitant to buy something similar yet different. The reviews were pretty good on Amazon, but then I never know if I can trust those reviews. Anyway - the thing works great. It's not a chipper by any means - strictly dry leaves.
I continue to chuckle at all my neighbors who pile all their leaves in the street and then go out to buy expensive bags of mulch.

Comments (3)