Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recommendations for garden carts that turn and you can sit on

Posted by grevay z4ME (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 16:46

I am in my sixties and find bending over to garden quite challenging on my back and knees. Any recommendations for garden carts that one can sit on, as well as have storage areas for plants and tools? If it pivots, that would be even better but not a necessity.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recommendations for garden carts that turn and you can sit on

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 19:07

I knew someone who had one of these, the sides fold down for ease of loading and unloading or sitting down. This link is from HD, but I've seen them at Lowe's, TSC, etc. The basic style comes in various configurations.

Good luck,

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: Utility Cart

o

I have one that I bought primarily to haul firewood. One of the front wheel hubs fell apart after a couple of months of use. I bought a new wheel/tire assembly and use it for light stuff and it does fine. Although its rated for 1,000 pounds, 100 pounds is probably all the wheels can handle.

Here is a link that might be useful: GroundWork® Heavy-Duty Utility Cart, 1,000 lb. Capacity

o

Hello grevay,

I have a tractor scoot that I pull with me every time I garden. The pulling handle can also be locked up so that you can use it to steer with while you are "scooting". The plastic "tubtrugs" are handy (you might want to get more than one) and they also have a 5-gallon plastic bucket that fits in the carrier. I frequently interchange my tubtrug with the bucket, depending on the task at hand.

Several companies have something that looks like this and costs a bit less, but the seat on the one from Gardener's Supply can adjust lower than the competition, which I find saves my back when I am placing seeds or pulling weeds very close to little seedlings.

In my opinion, this one is worth the extra cost. I adjust the seat height for maximum comfort on my back for whatever task I am doing. As a "senior citizen", I do as much of my gardening from the seated position as I can.

ZM
(not associated with any product or vendor mentioned or linked)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here