Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chainsaw wont idle

Posted by joe_the_dutchman ontario canada (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 27, 09 at 16:48

i got a 1074 pioneer with a tilitson carb.i put a carb kit in it and it still wont just quits when you let off the throtle no matter how you adjust the only setting which says low.i did not take out the welch plug but replaced needle screen diaphrams etcetra.runs the same as before.also the recoil wont recoil well after it starts but not bad when it does not start.any info on what it could be on this apreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chainsaw wont idle

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 27, 09 at 20:34

Great saw, they were very popular. Did you clean the carb thoroughly with a good solvent, I like a spray carb and choke cleaner. That is a reed ported saw, the reeds below the carburetor may not be sealing. You could also have an intake leak past the gaskets or crank shaft seals, a pressure test would spot this.

o

thanks for your reply.i am asumingthat the small pssages are under that plug or little removable dome.what is the best way to pop that off.i have a knew one in the kit.is there a simple way to presure test for leaks.info apreciated

o

Try www.arboristsite.com Those guys know everthing about every chainsaw. I mean it.

o

good info thankyou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here