Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gregdrose_gw

Leaf Blower Problems

gregdrose
10 years ago

Hi,
I have a Little Wonder 9500HO walk behind leaf blower with a 5HP Briggs engine Model#
135212 0814 A1 970401YA.

Unit always felt a little heavy when pull starting but two seasons ago the rope would not pull at all and it has sat in my garage since. I decided to attack it today and took off the rope pull and shroud and that works fine. I couldn't spin the flywheel by hand so I took off the fan cover and thought I would take it apart from that end. I was able to turn the fan and flywheel when I put my wrench on the bolt that holds the fan on the shaft. It was hard but I could spin it.

i have been googling it but can't find anything similar. Can any one give me some help?

Thanks.

Comments (10)

• rdaystrom
    10 years ago

My first impression is that your Briggs engine has seen better days. It sounds like it is partially seized. You could pull the cylinder head and inspect the cylinder wall for scoring and aluminum deposits. Is it possible it ran low on oil? Could be time for a new Briggs.

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

1. Did you remove the âÂÂBlower Fanâ and EngâÂÂs spark plug to see if the EngâÂÂs flywheel would turn free?

2. What was the EngâÂÂs oil condition (no signs of metal) and level (full/low)?

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

This message has been edited due to me mixing info.

I. My suggestion is still to remove any load from the blower/fan so you will only feel resistance from the Eng in trouble shooting it.

This post was edited by loger on Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 11:26

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

I feel I possibly mixed info related to two different post. I need to retire! LOL.

• txtom50
    10 years ago

Loger - in case you didn't know, gardenweb added an edit function that allows you to go back and change something you've posted. On posts by you, you should see something that says "NEW - edit post" right under the "clippings" area of the box. When you click that link, it should pull up an edit box similar to posting a new message. Just make sure you're logged in :)

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks Tom! The edit option worked. I hope I cleared up my suggestions enough to get positive replies.

• gregdrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Got it running!
    Not really sure what I did. I pulled the spark plug and the pull start moved so I drained the gas and put fresh in. Sprayed thrust in the carb and spark plug, and repeated until it started. It's running great and I am using it today for the lawn.

Thanks for everybody's response.

• loger_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks! for the positive reply on the matter. Please try and think about what was the problem to possibly help someone else with a similar problem.

1. Do you think something was lodged relater to the Eng causing the resistance? Any signs of debris from the EngâÂÂs starter housing?

2. Is the blower clutch driven to know the resistance was not coming from the blower?

3. W/O reading back, was the blower moving free during this experience?

1. Could it have just been a starter recoil starter issue? Did you remove the starter and turn the Eng feeling for resistance?
  • japace751
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have a LITTLE WONDER MODEL 133212 5HP I'D LIKE POINTERS ON DISASEMBLY OF THE BLOWER AND HOUSING, IS THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE BLOWER TO ENGINE RIGHT HAND ON OR LEFT HAND ON THREADS? japace751@centurylink.net Thanks

• loger_gw
    8 years ago

japace751,

I hope you have found your
    answers by now. I d/n find it easy but
    found some info in youtubes at the following address link below. Plus, I have old small engines manuals/texts from
    the 70s, if I have not loaned them out. My
    Memory Is Not To Be Trusted. LOL!

My search (in old 70 text) found that most rewind
    starters have right hand threads. Many
    nuts have left hand threads. With that
    in mind, if I do not see threads, an arrow or directions, “I tweak left as off first”!

LITTLE WONDER MODEL 133212
    5HP blower remove youtube.