Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cub/Troy/Craftsman snowblower speed control lever

Posted by fcarp63 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 18:17

Hi everyone, I am in the market for a new (bigger) snowblower and really like the Cub 530SWE. I know it's not as well built as other brands but it has the features I want, fits my budget, and has local dealer suppport.

Every display machine I have seen from any of these (MTD) brands has a speed control lever that is very difficult to get into R2 - you have to pull really hard on the lever and then wrestle it into the notch on the console.

The dealer admitted that the lever is hard to move into R1 & R2 and that is the way the machine is. I asked him about the adjustment for the cable tension but he said that would just alter the speed that the machine operates at and wouldn't make it easier to shift between gears.

Does anyone have experience with these machines and is this "normal"? I have never seen this on any other machine before and find it hard to beleive that others can comfortably operate their machines this way. Pulling back on the machine isn't always an option if you have hills.

Thanks, FCarp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cub/Troy/Craftsman snowblower speed control lever

What did you decide to do?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here