Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flh69

chainsaw question

flh69
12 years ago

I came across an old Homelite VI Super 2 chainsaw. The parts list I found calls for a duckbill valve for the gas tank. does the valve go into the tank with the taper side facing the inside of the tank? Also does this valve just plug into the tank or should it be connected to a short piece of hose?

Comments (3)

• ewalk
    12 years ago

The duck bill valves that I have installed were designed to be connected to fuel line to prevent back flow of fuel and could only be installed one way .

• flh69
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I could only find one parts list for this saw and it is not very clear. This gas tank has two holes. One hole has a fuel line going to the carb. The other hole is open and this is where the parts list shows the duckbill. The parts list does not show a hose at this location.
    I assume the hole is for a vent and the duckbill would keep gas from coming out. The carb does not have a primer bulb. The saw does run but fuel splashes out of this open hole.
    Here is the link for the parts list. The link is secure.
    http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Homelite%20Super%202%20VI.pdf

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Think of the Duckbill as a oneway valve allowing air in and sealng against reverse fuel flow . attach the duck bill accordingly and your good to go .