Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chainsaw question

Posted by flh69 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 11 at 18:47

I came across an old Homelite VI Super 2 chainsaw. The parts list I found calls for a duckbill valve for the gas tank. does the valve go into the tank with the taper side facing the inside of the tank? Also does this valve just plug into the tank or should it be connected to a short piece of hose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chainsaw question

The duck bill valves that I have installed were designed to be connected to fuel line to prevent back flow of fuel and could only be installed one way .

o

I could only find one parts list for this saw and it is not very clear. This gas tank has two holes. One hole has a fuel line going to the carb. The other hole is open and this is where the parts list shows the duckbill. The parts list does not show a hose at this location.
I assume the hole is for a vent and the duckbill would keep gas from coming out. The carb does not have a primer bulb. The saw does run but fuel splashes out of this open hole.
Here is the link for the parts list. The link is secure.
http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Homelite Super 2 VI.pdf

o

Think of the Duckbill as a oneway valve allowing air in and sealng against reverse fuel flow . attach the duck bill accordingly and your good to go .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here