Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small electric snow shovels/blowers

Posted by rcmoser (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 16, 11 at 20:24

Ok done search and not much on small electric snow shovels on this site. Don't have big bank roll to spend on Xmas so 2k gas model is out the window. Wanting to get one for gift. Would be used for small driveway and sidewalk in the Pumpkin Capital of the World Ill. Suburbia.

Looking at some of these models the toro The Toro 1800 Power Curve 18 in. Electric Snow Blower, Worx 13 amp Snow Thrower, and the Snow Joe 13.5 Amp Electric 18 in. Snow Thrower. all are within 50 bucks of each other.

Wondering which would be the best bang for the buck? Most concern would be the auger how long they last and how durable??? If anybody got these would like your review good or bad. Thanks for reading

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small electric snow shovels/blowers

All I can really offer is my experience with the older Toro electrics. They weren't a hugs sale item, but they had their uses too with very little in failures. Probably one a year came back for a larger model, but many had them to keep up w/ snow for flat roofs, decks etc. and that was their only purpose. They throw snow with moderate moisture content well enough if I recall. I remember demoing one w/ about 2 inches of the slushy stuff and it did work. My concern would be the possibility of overworking or overheating the unit. So used with care, hopefully it will be good money spent.

o

Thanks tomplum for the comments.

o

FYI, similar to Toro, the snow joe's can be had for about 120 bucks now which is pretty cheap for what it is (good for 6-9 inches of snow). Video below.

Here is a link that might be useful: snow joe sj620 review

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here