Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nysff

JD 828D Snowblower - fuel line replacement

nysff
13 years ago

Inherited my father's JD 828D snowblower last year after he decided to go with a plow service for his driveway. He actually made the switch a couple years ago, but I only got the blower last year. Unfortunately, he left gas in it and the carb was plugged up, etc. I drained the gas and rebuilt the carb for last winter season. It ran, but the surging was still pretty significant. Rather than go through another rebuild, I decided this year to replace the carb. While I'm at it I decided to replace all of the fuel line as it looks like the line is somewhat detiorated.

The line runs through the engine, in front of the head and behind the blower housing. It's pretty tight in there and I don't think I can get the new line in without taking off the blower housing. My question is can anyone confirm the top two bolts securing the blower housing are not head bolts? They only show as 3/4" long on the parts breakdown for the engine, so I'm assuming that's too short to make it through the head into the block. I figure it's probably a bad idea to remove any head bolts if possible and I might trying pulling the new line through with a wire.

The engine is a Tecumseh HMSK80-155559T 5229R

Thanks

Comments (2)