Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JD 828D Snowblower - fuel line replacement

Posted by nysff (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 4, 10 at 21:37

Inherited my father's JD 828D snowblower last year after he decided to go with a plow service for his driveway. He actually made the switch a couple years ago, but I only got the blower last year. Unfortunately, he left gas in it and the carb was plugged up, etc. I drained the gas and rebuilt the carb for last winter season. It ran, but the surging was still pretty significant. Rather than go through another rebuild, I decided this year to replace the carb. While I'm at it I decided to replace all of the fuel line as it looks like the line is somewhat detiorated.
The line runs through the engine, in front of the head and behind the blower housing. It's pretty tight in there and I don't think I can get the new line in without taking off the blower housing. My question is can anyone confirm the top two bolts securing the blower housing are not head bolts? They only show as 3/4" long on the parts breakdown for the engine, so I'm assuming that's too short to make it through the head into the block. I figure it's probably a bad idea to remove any head bolts if possible and I might trying pulling the new line through with a wire.

The engine is a Tecumseh HMSK80-155559T 5229R
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JD 828D Snowblower - fuel line replacement

To install the new line, simply splice the replacement line to the old one w/ a stud, dowel piece, etc and carefully push the new line through as you wiggle through the old one.You have to be sure to use the same OD line as some new line is thicker and won't fit. Once through, give the new line a slight tug on both ends at the same time to eliminate excess line. If you do decide to pull the cover- no worry about the head gasket.

o
RE: JD 828D Snowblower - fuel line replacement

Thanks for the reply. I might give that a try. The line I got at NAPA seemed a slightly larger OD than original and I thought that would make it real tough to try to snake it through. Maybe I'll stop by the JD dealer and see what he has for a similar OD. Thanks again for the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here