Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pressure washer

Posted by hogan_nj (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 22:36

This is my first pressure washer and would like to know how to winterize it. There's nothing in the manual about winter storage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pressure washer

Well, gas or elect.? if elect. just make sure the water is drained and store it in a dry place inside would be nice where temp. changes don't create moisture.

gas IMO you want to drain the gas tank most likely it got some water in it from acidently spray, I also swab out any residue. I make sure the pump is drained by tipping it all directions. I also spary some WD40 down the connections hoses and on the rubber o-rings and seals. I also make sure the hoses and nozzle gun is drained of water and spray some wd 40 inside to help condition the seals. But, thats me and I always go overboard!?! others may disagree.

o

The only thing I do with mine is make sure that the gas tank is empty and I store it in my basement because I don't want the pump to freeze.

After every use I make sure to get as much water out of the pump as possible. I also completely drain the hose and wand.

I've only had mine about 4 years so I have no idea if what I am doing is a good long term plan :p

o

just make sure that all the water is out or look forward to replacing a cracked housing at the very least in the spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here