Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whatever Happened to the Larger Poulan Chainsaws?

Posted by pgtr (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 23:05

Years ago back in the day I distinctly remember Poulan offered some larger chainsaws. I seem to recall 50cc and 60cc and 18 20 or maybe 22 in bars. The model # 3750 comes to mind (but I'm reaching way back in memory on that!).

Recently researching some saws on Poulans website and now I'm seeing their largest saws at something like 42cc or 46cc.

Can someone fill me in on recent Poulan history and when/why they seemed to have dropped their larger saws in their lineup?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whatever Happened to the Larger Poulan Chainsaws?

Because they never Marketed or Manufactuered those Saws back then Pioneer / Partner Saws Inc. were the supplier to Poulan for their Prosumer Product Line .

o

pgtr: Pulled out some of my old Partner Saw Cat'l and cross referenced the Poulan 3750 to 1997. A 60 cc Pioneer/Partner Hold Over Power Head (Engine). 1984-88 Series Vintage with 18-22 inch Solid or Roller Tip Bars Available. The Saw Manufacturer was actually a Subsiduary Electrolux Manf Ltd from Canada orginally , which soon moved to Arkansas Assembly Plant in 1998 (Poulan Electrolux Inc.) . This was a one off Model and a bit of a White Elephant held over from the Parent Pioneer Inc. / Partner Ltd Days . A very durable Saw but the End was Near. Next came the Wild Thing and other Girly Saws of today that Poulan Sells at DDicount Box Store Prices . Sad , a far cry from the Proud Poulan Start back in 1947 with Bow Saws and Two Man 92 cc Monsters. As I said Previously the last Commercial or Professional Grade Saws that Poulan Manufactured and Sold to Serious Logers and Die-Hard Wood Cutters where back in 1984 trough 1988 ...Take it to the Bank Dude :)

o

Thanks. I vaguely recall those larger Poulan saws (like the 3750?) from late 90s or so. Sears offered them under their name too. I did not know these were apparently re-branded from other makers. Thanks again

o

No Problem Bro :) I love Vintage Magnesium Saws and the Smell of Castor Based 16-1 Oil Mix lol .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here