Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-Bilt/Tecumseh engine RPM?

Posted by tnrider (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 9:13

I recently picked up a very nice Troy-Bilt Horse tiller, with the HH60 Tecumseh 6 HP engine. It needed carb work, and someone had stretched out the governor spring and messed with the high speed throttle stop. I have put everything back to original parts, and need to know the max no load RPM so I can set the stop properly. I want the max performance, but do not want to overspeed the engine. I have the Tecumseh service manual, but it does not give RPM numbers, making reference to a microfich card, which I do not have access to. Does anyone have this information available?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-Bilt/Tecumseh engine RPM?

All forward speed are given at 3000 rpm so engine speed be 3000 rpm's. Overspeeding give problems with engine oil going to dry type filter that turn into high speed fuel ratio promblems. At rows end always cut throttle back to slower engine speed.

o
RE: Troy-Bilt/Tecumseh engine RPM?

I believe the HH60 will be "redline" at 3600 RPM's,the killer of these engines was the angle of the motor to the tiller and poor or lack of oil for lubrication ....you have a splash lubricated engine with a dipper attached to the connecting rod) that moves the oil .....use a good quality 30 weight oil ,and you should have no issues ....the biggest problems with Tecumsehs on the Troy-Bilts was w/o a bumper the carbs would get busted off by a vertical object like a fence post .....BTW there was a paper airfilter for these engines and a oil soaked one also ,I always liked the oil soaked because of the dusty conditions they worked in.....the tranny will take 90-140 weight oil ...keep the rear seal area clean by dropping the tines from time to time to scrpae the packed dirt from the seal area ....the same goes for the wheel axle seals ....and if you can remove the rims from the axle and never seize the axle and rims so they do not rust/bond to the axle .....Have a ball Jim

o
RE: Troy-Bilt/Tecumseh Ignition Schematic.

Desperately need ignition wiring schematic for the HH60 Ignition System. I replaced points, condenser, and gaped points at .020. Still, no spark. Got major problem. Need help, please. LB.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here