Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO's

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 13, 09 at 10:55

I live just north of Pittsburgh, Pa. and i have two garage door openers i would donate to somebody, for a mere pittance! I have the push button things and other things, in a white plastic bag. A friend was moving, and i helped him, so he gave me the openers. Don't remember the make. Too slippy to go outside to look!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO's

For everyone's education: GDO's are known as "Garage Door Openers", as i have seen them listed in these columns!
Does that help??

o

Just think of the cool things you can build with them!

o

Rusty you could even put one up in your garage. I am aware of your opinion of them but it'll change once you get one.

o

Yes, i have noticed there are some nice chains and cables, and light bulbs, and other things, such as powerful electric motors, and controls. And, two lengths of strong T-bars, things i use a lot to make things.
HMMM--Better hurry----

o

I have a 14 ft wide wooden door that can be lifted with one hand! Why would i want to go to the trouble of installing a GDO, with all of the troubles i have read about here?
no thanks! RJ

o

It would be handy when you hitch up your horse for the trip to town Rusty.

o

Good idee, but i had to shoot the horse for food, so thats out! RJ.

o

A friend had a garden on the hill above his home, and he had a hard time carrying things up to the garden.
So, he built an elevator from garage door opener parts, and built a track with the t-bars, and the chains and other parts. I got a lot of free parts from a local GDO fixer, and gave them to my friend. The elevator worked great. But, my friend got sick and died later. Don't know what happened to the "elevator"!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here