Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spark plug cover for old Tecumseh

Posted by Rich_Y none (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 12:29

I just discovered this forum, and it looks great. I have a 25+ year old Troy-Built chipper shredder with a Tecuseh engine. The original spark plug cover had a sleeve that covered up the entire spark plug so that chips flying around didn't land at the base of the sparkplug and catch fire. The spark plug is near the gas tank, so that is dangerous. All the shops I've talked to say they have never seen a spark plug cover such as I described, but it really did have one. As an interim solution, I constructed a wire basket to keep chips out, but its not a perfect solution. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spark plug cover for old Tecumseh

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.Tx. (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 22:40

If the top of the head and spark plug get hot enough to ignite wood a fire is going to be the least of your engine problems.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here