Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old homelite chainsaw parts

Posted by shotzi 7 Tn. (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 13:57

I have an old Homelite super wiz chain saw serial # A1875739 I would like to know what year it is and how you determine the year by the serial #. I don't know what kind of carb it has I was afraid to take it off without a carb kit . Now I understand there can be more than one manufacture so tomorrow I'll pull the carb and see who makes it. Thanks for all your help

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old homelite chainsaw parts

• Posted by billw 5b - Kansas (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 0:10

There were several models of the Super WIZ ,55,66,& 80 the carb should be a HL series Tillotson. The HL # is on the intake flange side. It would help to know which HL #.
I do keep parts for them.
BillW
785-562-3539

o

I own a homelite wiz55 chainsaw and need a sideplate on it.I was wondering if you had it and if so how much is it. Feel free to write and let me know. Thank you WILLIAM Ingram,Jr.

o

I need a carb or carb kit for my superwiz 55----HK 204A tillotson I believe is the carb no.

o

I am looking for homelite super wiz 55 parts also. I need a sprocket and chain also both fuel lines and fuel filter. The chain is obsolete as well as the sprocket is there a replacement for these items?

o

Chainsawr is a website that sells used chainsaw parts. They might have some of the things you're looking for. If you don't find what you need, they also have an email form you can fill out and send in and maybe get some help that way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chainsawr Homelite page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here