Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwalker_gw

Garage Door Opener/Changing Security Code

MoonWalker
18 years ago

Does anyone know how to change the secuity code on a Craftsman wireless entry system?

I bought my remote opener at Sears but lost the user's manual.

Model: 139.53876.

FCC ID: HBW1162

Canada: K741

Would love to hear from you! Thank you.

Comments (21)

• MoonWalker
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Don,
    I noticed after I posted that you had given this advice to another member and I tried it as well. It worked just as you said! Thanks again!

• raysouthbury
    18 years ago

I'm having a similar problem, but my keypad doesn't have an enter button.. there are just digits 1 - 9 and 0. I have the manual, and it too says to press the enter button to change the code. Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-program the keypad if it doesn't have an enter button?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Ray

• Don_
    18 years ago

If your keypad is hardwired follow these instructions.

To program the keypad, first unplug the garage door opener from the electrical outlet. Next, remove the nameplate from the console that the keypad plugs into and locate the program/operate switch. Flip the switch to program. Next, enter your desired four-digit PIN number into the keypad. Slide the switch back to operate and plug the garage door opener back in. The keypad should be programmed.

• raysouthbury
    18 years ago

Don,
    Thanks so much for the speedy response. I will try that as soon as I get home tonight.

Thanks again!
    Ray

• windcity
    17 years ago

I have a related, but different problem on the craftsman keypad unit (Model: 139.53876, FCC ID: HBW1162). The problem appears to me as there is an incompatibility between this keypad unit and my remote control unit for car. I can program them both, but not at the same time.

When the car unit is programmed and working fine, I cannot program the keypad unit, unless I reset the garage door opener first. But if I proram the keypad unit, I then cannot program the car unit. They don;t work at the same time.

Can anyone shed some light on this? What exactly my problem is and how can I fix it? My garage door opener unit's FCC ID is: HBW1127.

Thanks!

• jmarovi
    17 years ago

I had similar symptoms; short answer: I replaced my remote transmitter. I have a wireless keypad (same model number as yours and a craftsman opener dated 07/97 also with FCC ID HBW1127) and two remote transmitters. Did your problem begin with the purchase of the keypad? My problem started when a remote stopped working, so I replaced the battery. That's when I found that I could program any two of the three devices, but not all three. After a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that my remote had simply gone bad (something to do with rolling over the billion codes). I bought a new remote transmitter (a Liftmaster equivalent) for about $30 and that solved the problem.

• thisisfake
    17 years ago

Hi- i'also having the problem of reseting my key pad password. I have a liftmaster garage opener. I have tried putting in the 9999 possible combinations without success(must have missed some). Thanks in advance for your help.

• mloderup
    17 years ago

Hello, I need to purchase a remote transmitter for my garage door openener FCC ID is: HBW1127. What place do you recommend to purchase this from?

• tonilynn
    16 years ago

Hi. I too have the Craftsman Model: 139.53876. // FCC ID: HBW1162. I a trying to reprogram the code. However, I do NOT have a button on motor unit near where all those white wires go and I cannot figure out how to remove the faceplate of the keypad without destroying the keypad (nor does my keypad plug into an outlet - it is just attached to the outside of our garage). How can I remove the faceplate? Should I even be trying to remove it?
    THANKS!!

• raymond2002
    16 years ago

I just bought a house and need to change the code to my garage door opener motor. I have an old Overhead Door Garage model 551. The remotes control has instructions but the motor does not. Can any one help?

• dc112675
    16 years ago

raymond2002-
    I am trying to help my friend fix his garage door opener, and he has the same model as you. Is there anyway you could describe what order the wires in the back go? There are six in all (2 for the wired button and 4 for the photo eyes). I can't seem to locate a schematic on the internet for this model. Thanks again in advance for your help. Thanks, Doug
    My email is dc112675@hotmail.com

• techdave
    16 years ago

Doug.

1 red from wall button to term one, all three whites (1 from wall button adn two from sensors) to term 2, 2 blacks from sensors to term 3.

• randog421
    15 years ago

I just bought a new house. I am trying to reprogram my wireless remote, to my garage door opeaner, they are not the same brand, the grarage door opener is a chamberlain liftmaster model 1345, and the wireless remote is a genie intellicode, well I am trying to reprogram the code on the remote and have it sinc with the garage door opener. Is there a learn button on the remote, it has numbers prog and send button no learn, the door opener has a purple button. Can you please run down the process in order, to see if I miss a step! thanks

• oosquale_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I have a model 41a5021-3h-315 craftsman door opener. I am trying to get a craftsman model 139.53876 keypad to work with it, wont work. Any advise? my opener has a purple learn button.

• nsc123
    13 years ago

Hi,

I've a chamberlain garage opener and I forgot my security password. I was wondering is there any way to reset the security password and change to a new security password.
    Please help.

Thanks,
    TL

• paavez_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I have sears car garage door model 139.53600.recently devorced. x-wife took the remotes. Before divorce I had set the code in my town and country with remote now i want to change the code. some one help.

• saverstoronto_aol_com
    13 years ago

I have a Model 41A5021-B and tried changing the kep pad code ......I pressed the Learn button on the top of the Unit and went and punched in a 4 number code ....nothing.

There is no ENTER button just 0-9 and # and *

Can anyone please assist me.

Thanks
    Mark

• dekinsey_wildblue_net
    13 years ago

Help! I am trying to sinc a new remote garage door opener, Marantec M3-2312, to the unit hung in the top of my garage. The wall mounted remote unit still works and will open and close garage doors but I want the remote for the car. The previous remote stopped working so I can not just transfer the code. This is not a button pad.
    I have a two door garage and I bought a second new remote and have successfully transferred the code in the second remote and all is working fine.

• destiny801_verizon_net
    12 years ago

I have hbw1127 I do not have a key pad just a button

I recently had a lightning storm and the garage door no longer functions with any remote device or the device on the wall. I have power to the wall unit and the security beams at the base of the door and the master unit on the ceiling. I can't get the door to function. Is there a part I need to replace? I tried to reset the units but was unable to?
    Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• RichMich
    12 years ago

I have one Craftman wireless keyless entry keypad (model 139.53684)and two garage doors that I've been able to control with the keypad for 10 years using different codes for each door. For some reason, now both doors respond to the same code. I tried to change the code for the 2nd door to a new code to try to overcome this problem. While the keypad honors the new code for the 2nd door, it keeps the first code and now responds to both codes. I can't seem to wipe the original code for the 2nd door from its memory. I tried pushing the learning button but it still keeps the original code. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.