Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow King Carb rebuild.

Posted by andyma z6?MA (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 25, 10 at 17:53

Ive been playing with Tecumseh carbs forever, but This is the first time I removed the welch plugs and ran a piece of 24 awg solid wire into the holes in them. I oiled the seat and put it in along with a new needle valve and main jet. A Tecumseh carb kit and a can of carb cleaner. I set both jets 1 1/2 turns out, and the engine started easily. I am pretty sure that I have fixed the flooding over trouble. I let it set with the shut off open and went inside. I came back an hour later and there were no drips. I started it almost by accident whilst cocking the rope. Every season I refine the matched set of freebies a bit more. Its mate got a new belt too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow King Carb rebuild.

Sounds like now you are TEC carb. expert! As most of us know carb. gets gummed up over time and require this routine maintenance especially after the equipment sets for months. I also got amany power tools out of the trash that just required carb. maintenance.

o
RE: Snow King Carb rebuild.

I think I sheared the fly wheel key on t'other one. It has spark and fuel, just doesnt catch after running poorly like it had water in the fuel. The snow was like Italian ice in texture. It was working hard and then it started back firing. I tried to restart with the pull but it pulled back. Third try and the string broke. Plugged the starter in and it just cranked and puffed, but wouldnt catch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here