Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Small Engine's Recoil Tool could be worth the money

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 25, 11 at 18:01

A Small Engine's Recoil Tool could be worth the money At the address below) or build your specific with PVC. They can take some frustration out of your jobs. I recently used just a short piece 1" OD PVC and my spring's retainer/cover to accomplish the same job at no cost except slightly tired hands. There is no end to tricks of the trade to help with little jobs. As using nylon rope to lock your chainsaw's piston to change a clutch but remove the starter to replace the clutch (2nd address below). loger

http://durafix.com/ez-coil/index.html

HOW TO Remove Clutch & Sprocket on Poulan 2150 Chainsaw ...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7mR1ReJOyCIAnshXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGNzcmNwdmlkA2gzNG9RMG9HN3Y2dVpZbVBUdHVhZ2dsS1JGNE1qRTdpUnFZQUJhbEwEZnIDYXR0LXBvcnRhbC1zBGZyMgNzZy1nYWMEaXQDZ3AEbl9ncHMDMTAEb3JpZ2luA3NycARwb3MDMgRwcXN0cgNwb3VsYW4gY2hhaW5zYXcgY2x1dGNoBHF1ZXJ5A3BvdWxhbiBjaGFpbnNhdyBjbHV0Y2gEc2FjAzEEc2FvAzEEc2VjA3JlbC1zYQRzbGsDdGV4dAR2dGVzdGlkA01BUDAwNQ--?p=poulan chainsaw clutch removal&fr2=sg-gac&fr=att-portal-s&pqstr=poulan chainsaw clutch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Small Engine's Recoil Tool could be worth the money

Looks like a neat recoil tool. Different from what I've ever seen. I can see if you did much handheld type work especially.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 27, 11 at 18:59

I avoid that spring work like the plague. It's a real SOB. The tool has caught my interest though.

o

I Know The Frustration! I took a 2 mi walk to figure this one out and to recall the tool after trying about 30 minutes with just my hands. Bingo! With the 1" OD PVC as I/S Dia and the coil's cover as O/D Dia , I had it retained in about 5 minutes. Without the cover/retainer, I would have made another PVC OD cover to assist in the recoiling.

I initially learned this when the Son-In-Law needed to replace a rope on his Poulan chainsaw with the coil still in place until I saw him the next time. It probably took my wife's and my hands 30 minutes + to recoil the spring. I knew then it had to be a better way and searched to find this jig. loger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here