Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snow blower repair

Posted by whip62 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 19, 08 at 20:15

I have a snapper 2 stage snow blower model 4220. It starts and runs fine !! When ever, you go to engage the auger, it is slow to engage and when you go to blow snow the auger stops !! What is causing this and how do you repair it ??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snow blower repair

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 19, 08 at 20:39

Are the shear pins in the auger broken? If not, remove the belt cover and check the forward belt, it may be excessively worn.

o

Hi,
Quick question about a 26 inch 8.5 horse Murray snowblower I own. The auger throws snow great and starts right up. However, when I put in gear and hold the clutch in it doesn't seem to want to go..Now, when I lift up to see if wheels are spinning they are, meaning the clutch is working...i'm stumped..any suggestions would ge great..thanks.

Kyle

o

My guess is the friction disc is worn. Other likely causes would be worn traction belt, detached spring or control adjustment.

o
Snapper snow blower repair

My Snapper snow blower has been running fine this winter until the last time I tried starting it. Now, it starts and runs for about 10 seconds and then dies. I have taking the cover to the carberator off and checked to see if it was getting fuel from the tank and it is. I took the cover to the float off and inspected that and it seems fine. It seems like the fuel is just not getting to the engine. Is there a fuel filter I should be looking for?

Any suggestions?

o

I have a snapper 522. The drive does not work or the gear shift and wheel are locked up. What would be the problem.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 7:24

Remove the fuel from the gas tank, stand the unit UP, remove the bottom cover under the trans, and you'll see what's going on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here