Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Suggestions on finding a serpentene belt on a Sears Twin Cylinder

loger_gw
11 years ago

Suggestions on finding a serpentene belt on a Sears Twin Cylinder Air Compressor (discontinued Mod # 106.153542, probably Campbell-Hausfeld). I had no idea I would find this challenge on the 1972 purchased compressor. The existing belt might be my best option (for now w/o a choice) since it appears to still be strong. It has minor damage to one edge "Showing" causing a bounce look pulley to pulley. I feel with 40 yrs general home use "only" it has to be deteriorated and on borrowed time.

Sears parts said they are out of stock and that the Model and Mfg are discontinued. I though auto and industrial serpentene belts were related but I saw a big difference at the Auto Store on the number of Vs vs lengths today. I do have a WWW Grainger here and the air compressor belts terminology seems to be "Polly V Belts" in their catalog and they looks as mine vs an automotive. The big question is will they have one or a close options. I feel I can modify to a close option w/o a problem. My belt measures 1/2" wide with 6 ext V's X 48-49" which should work with WWW's only listed 5/8" with 6 ext V's at this length if they are stocked. Even closer on this side of town is Harbor Freight and Northern Tools. I'll drive to WWW if all stock a belt.

Comments (3)