Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heating

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 22:23

I had planned to fire my small Dearborn gas wall heater (once an electric space heater) in my garage and keep repairing experimenting this winter. Unless there is an emergency, I feel I need to pass with today's fuel and energy crises vs in the 70s/80s.

I would feel OK if I could transport and use safely coals from my fireplace in the garage. Without a direct heater to exhaust the coals it's not safe in a closed garage. I have also limited my work inside "since my wife retired 06" vs building or troubleshooting combustion engines, "Just In Time". "I'm Done", for a while with Combustion Engines vs "Not Fun Troublrshooting Computers", LOL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heating

We are having some extended cold days in North Tx or I'm getting to cold to remember. I'll have to come out tomorrow for sanity. Run the gas heater to burn the initial chill off as work will take over then. Or! Work inside since I will be servicing an Aggressive Electric Chainsaw experiment.

Two objectives: 1. I had a good test yesterday cutting green wood with the 12" McCullough saw and did not use a drop of bar oil from the tank. I feel it has to be a cleaning matter vs the saw using a pump. I'll consider adding a vented primer bulb to the oil tank cap to manually pump oil. 2. I need to rem one link at least, two if possible to allow adding chain tension vs about 1/8" of travel left. Both chains have the same number of links (vs brands). The new chain needs more future tensioning space as the sprockets and chains appears matching??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here