Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayy1_gw

Gravely PM310 Blowing Fuses

Jayy1
12 years ago

Hello,

I have a Gravely PM310 commercial mower with some sort of electrical problem. I am hoping someone can help. This is an out front zero turn mower with a Kohler 25 HP CVS engine and 60 inch deck.

I am unable to get the mower to start because of an apparent electrical issue. The 30 amp fuse will blow whenever the key switch is placed into the run or start position. This came about suddenly. After searching for a short and having no luck, I searched the web and tried some of the trouble shooting reccomended by Mownie on this thread:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tractor/msg080226478924.html

Here is what I have found so far

1) I disconnected the wiring harness from the key switch and tested for continuity between the B (battery) wire and ground. I got no continuity during this test. I think this indicated there is not a wire short to ground.

2) I tested the key switch and found no continuity between the G (ground) terminal and the "B" terminal. I think this indicated the key switch is not the issue.

I am not sure what the logical next step is. I have attached a wire diagram below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The grass is growing FAST.

Thanks

Wiring Diagram

Switches

Comments (2)

• frankleonard928
    7 years ago

On my gravely PM 300, it was over charging, making the fuse to blow, I replace the regulator on the side of the engine.

• Angie Clark
    6 years ago

Have you had any luck fixing the problem mine is doing exact same thing

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia