Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timg734

john deere x320

timg734
10 years ago

I just going to purchased a john deere x320 there is $1600 difference that and the x500. my yard is 1 1/2 acre mostly flat, and I my wife and I put in a garden about 35' x 35' not real big but I use a rototiller in it would I be better off to buy the x320 and still use small rear tine tiller or buy the x500 and save up and buy the tiller for that. I do live in Michigan and push snow now and then. I have a craftsman yts4500 but not happy with how it cuts grass I don't like the way the deck goes up always adjusting the deck if you bump something it bends the front deck bracket alot

Comments (14)

• User
    10 years ago

It's worth looking at the X500 just for the ground rated transaxle and it's snow moving capabilities.

The X5xx series has a 48 month/500 hour warranty while the X3xx has a 48 month/300 hour warranty.

If the rear tine tiller you have does the job you can always buy the JD tiller down the line or finance it in with the X500.

Here's a fact the dealers keep quiet... JD attachments have a one year warranty by themselves but attachments bought with any LT or GT is grandfathered under the tractor warranty. So, instead of a 44" snowblower getting a one year warranty when bought a la carte it gets a 48 month 500 hour warranty when bought with an X500

This post was edited by justalurker on Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 15:54

• tomplum
    10 years ago

JL, do you know how long Deere's secret warranty has been in effect? Or perchance could you post a link? I had a guy w/ an X534 last May that ate the powerflo shaft w/ 150 hours and under time. I was a nice guy, set the PF in his truck and sent him to the dealer and the dealer gave him the 1 year speech.

• User
    10 years ago

Tom,

Don't know exactly when it started but remember quizzing a JD dealer about around 6 or 7 years ago. When I actually researched it I found it in the fine print on the warranty statement.

Check out the bottom of the current warranty statement at this link

• tomplum
    10 years ago

Very useful. Thanks!

• tomplum
    10 years ago

Very useful. Thanks!

• mownie
    10 years ago

You can say that again :^)

• tomplum
    10 years ago

It is STILL useful this morning....

• leafeanator
    10 years ago

I have a X300 and mow 1 hilly acre with 70 trees and plow a 350 ft driveway. Four years now with no problems. Now that my warranty is up I have to hold my breath:)
    I pulled the K46 Transaxle at 50 hours and drained the oil and refilled with 5W50 Synthetic, keep it clean and cool - no problems. The X320 should be a great machine without roto tilling attachment

• leafeanator
    10 years ago

Forgot to say - the X320 has the K58 transaxle which is better than the X300's K46.

• User
    10 years ago

And the K58 is one giant step below the K72 in the X500

• jimmy56_gw (zone 6 PA)
    10 years ago

My brother bought the x320 and loves it, I would pesonnely look for a used 455, I bought mine for less then the x320 and it has 733 hours, You can't go wrong with a diesel.

• maheanuu
    9 years ago

I am working on a John Deere Riding Mower X320 with a broken traction drive belt. The DOM is 05/02/06 and being that the Tractor was imported by the owner who has no Repair Manual to go by. I am lost on the refitting of the belt and so far I have not been able to find a diagram of the replacment belt nor the information what has to be removed and replaced to get it working again. I do have a replacement belt, but sure could use help in the installation

(I should have mentioned that I am located on the Island of Raiatea in French Polynesia and there is no information available here on the replacement of the belt or a diagram of the threading of the belt.) Any help by someone who has been through this problem before would be greatly appreciated.

This post was edited by maheanuu on Wed, Oct 22, 14 at 15:40

• tomplum
    9 years ago

There is enough to do here, but it is doable and you will see what's happening when the deck is off. Is the belt actually broken? It is pretty common for the belt to come off the drive pulley- especially on the early ones. they changed the spec of the belt to be a touch shorter BTW. On the things you have to remove: One end of the 2 steering links. (Typical Deere) I do the rear on these. Loosen the 10mm bolt that retains the loop guide. The clutch rod is retained with one clip at the tensioner arm. The manual tells you to unsnap the large tension spring, but I don't . It would make it easier to reattach that rod. Then of course the 2 idler pulleys get loosened so the belt clears. The odd thing is working the belt over and around the cross rods and steering. Then its up over the clutch and driven pulley before continuing to route the belt through the idlers and reattaching the clutch link. It makes it easier to install the belt at the rear if you leave the belt off the pulley in front (between the pulley and clutch) and roll it on after the rear. Be mindful that the belt runs inside the tabs near the steering. You can actually see this from the top too. I don't have the manual on this computer, but if you need its instructions let me know.

• leafeanator
    9 years ago

Searched the internet and lots of good info on replacing a X320 drive belt. Search on "X320 drive belt replace". I tried to link to one but this site blocks most links.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor