Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lt4000 Spark plug

Posted by lt4000 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 15:17

Hi i have a craftsman lt4000 with a briggs and stratton model # 28n707. i recently broke the spark plug when tightening it back in and researched and found that the replacement is spark plug "rc12yc" (had to research because ceramic broke into tiny little pieces and couldnt see number on that plug) i picked up one of these plugs and compared it to the threads on the one i broke. the threads on the new one are considerably longer and i dont wanna put it in my engine and completely destroy it. i researched more and everything ive found still says plug rc12yc so i was wondering if anyone could help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lt4000 Spark plug

Yes one of us could help, but since you never provided any feedback from your previous post (when requested), it won't be me.

Here is a link that might be useful: previous post

o

if the threaded area of the original sparkplug was considerably shorter than the correct replacement, chances are the original sparkplug was the wrong type. Sparkplugs designed for the flathead engines have a short threaded area and someone probably grabbed the wrong one.

o

i had posted days before on this and apparantly this did not go through either. yes that was the problem and it did solve it. i put the new plug in and cranked the engine by hand to make sure the plug wasnt hitting then fired it up and it ran perfectly.

o

Wow Bill the OP appologized twice for his tardyness lighten up a little lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here