Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bogey123_gw

1st Snow of 2012 Coming Tonight

bogey123
12 years ago

expecting 3-6 inches. I can't remember the last time we got a 1st snow this late (ok I am not counting the October blizzard)

Kids are all pumped, snow blower is on the Conquest. I put rubber "chains" on it this year and am eager to see how well they work.

Comments (7)

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Must be nice Bogey after a rather abnormal (lack) of snow prior to Xmas we have more than caught up with two Blizzards dropping a few feet overnight last week . Guess I should watch what I wish for lol . Have some more plowing today and a little snowblowing around the Guest House and Garage area.Temps have been really strange -10 F up to 40 Deg F within a few days . Lake effect off Lake Superior I guess . Great to be a Northerner , don't like the weather wait a few minutes and it will change :)

• rustyj14
    12 years ago

It pays to be nice to the neighbors! Feller across the road has a sloped driveway, down hill from the road, so i let him park one car in my driveway on top of the hill. He goes out early, so it doesn't bother me.
    The other neighbor---i ply him with a case or two of Yeunglings beer, and he plows out the rest of the driveway!
    Yep--pays to be nize! Of course, any tractor or mower problems are usually solved by me, during winter or summer.
    We had 4 inches several days ago, on top of what we got last week. (W. PA.) Warming tomorrow, the WM sez!

• bogey123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, the Conquest and 42 inch 2 stage made light work of about 4-5 inches of light snow. The rubber "chains" performed well, though will need some really deep stuff to see if they do the same as metal chains. I like the idea that they don't scuff my drive and since they are fairly wide the wheels are not as prone to spinning from what I can tell.

No snow in the current forecast, it has been raining here all day.

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Well the rain has past and the Temps are around 25 F lots of snow coming down this morning and still this afternoon . Probably around 8-10 " so far . Forecast is for partly cloudy for the next few days with temps just above freezing . Thank God for the snow since the drives were about to become skating rinks . Sounds like were all having the same unstable weather :)

• homegrown55
    12 years ago

Southern Weather....Just absolutely horrible here today. Sunny and 72 - 75 F.It has been an AWFUL winter!

• rcmoser
    12 years ago

Same here in OKC Bad, Very Bad. Played tennis about all through Jan. with temps in 50's, 60's and couple 70's. But, Sunday should be our first snow fall. Maybe my little JD will get work out beings I had the blade on since Nov.

• andyma_gw
    12 years ago

42f here. That is the temp of the ocean. 3-6 inches is predicted for tomorrow. It could be a raw drizzle of 1/4 " rain too.

Sponsored