Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allis Chalmers 811 GT 11

Posted by innisfail 3a (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 12, 08 at 22:14

I am looking at a A C 811 GT 11 lawn mower with rototiller
Does anyone if they are a good machine .

I do not care to much for the mower, but is the rototiller strong enough to do the job or even break soil .

Is it a low maintanance machine ?

Does anyone know what they worth ?

Anything else worthwhile about the machine .

I am trying to make my garden bigger, without useing my shovel more than strickly nessesary .

Thanks for the info .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allis Chalmers 811 GT 11

AC 811 with tiller is worth between $110.00 and $380.00 depending on year of production in Good-average condition acooring to the Ground Maintnance Equipment Blue Book it was produced when AC was still the Parent company of Simplicity I belive. As far as Maintenance parts are still avaliable from Simplicity. The tiller is up to the job of Breaking new ground. Hope this gave you some idea about the Tractor and this link should help below.

Here is a link that might be useful: AC 800 series

o

Thank you for the information .

They are asking quite a bit more, but I haven't seen the machine yet .

To me it looks like a sound machine, but then again I am NO expert .

o

Well most people don't sell at Blue Book. The Blue Book is really for dealers so they have a idea what its worth. Because for instace Cub Cadet originals can sell on ebay for as much as $2,500 or more and New they were only $585 or lower.. If this is not a e-bay auction your looking at and you can. Take it for a test ride. Make sure it starts and the PTO for the tiller engagesand if the tiller is not on it have them show you how it goes on the machine.. There nothing like getting a tractor home and not knowing how to attach equipment for it or not knowing if you have all the right parts for that equipment for your tractor. I have 7 Garden Tractors and 3 Rear Engine Riders. 3 of the Garden tractors have tillers for them. I have two 1acre gardens on my 5&1/2acres and the tiller all handeled well in breaking new ground it make take two passes to break new ground. But it will sure save your back. 22years in the U.S. Army Infantry did that. My back is shot. Or it the fact I don't want to hand dig anything anymore especialy a Garden good luck in your tractor purchase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here