Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michael1953_gw

Old Troy Bilt tiller-need help determining age

michael1953
15 years ago

New to the forum:I recently purchased an old troy bilt tiller S# 716651. I would like to know the year and model if possible? Also where can I find additional help & answers.

Thank you in advance.

Comments (3)

• tomplum
    15 years ago

Post the engine #s also. Posting a pic may help too.

• dangez
    14 years ago

Hi, I also am wondering about the age, identity of my troy bilt tiller. I am having a difficult time deciding which belt i need to buy. It has two speeds, it can also go in reverse. It has two pulleys, and i am assuming it needs two belts. It works with one, but i would like to purchase two new ones if it does indeed need two. The serial number, i believe, is 508062. The engine is a briggs & stratton and its model number is 195432. Thanks for your efforts to help me.

• troy88
    14 years ago

there are several sites out there that can help with parts and give you a year of mfg. you'll need the serial#, which is stamped into the housing on a tab on the right side if you're at the controls.
    dangez,as for running two belts, sounds like you have a four speed. if you look close at the pulley on the crankshaft, the two grooves should be different sizes(diameters). this allows you to change the ground/tine speed depending on which groove set you have the belt in.
    i'll try to add the links for some of the sites i have found and i have a pdf. of an owners manual if you will post an email.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upstate Power Equipment

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists