Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere 455 3pt. Hitch

Posted by jimmy56 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 9:47

Does anyone have or know where I can get the measurements or a pattern to make a 3pt. hitch in category 1 or 0, Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere 455 3pt. Hitch

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 12:12

Found the link below by googling. There are other drawings I found too that show triangle adapters with those ht. and width dimensions for attaching other equipment. Adapters with correct dimensions called out are also available on e bay

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat. 0 and 1: 3-pt dimensions

This post was edited by larso1 on Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 12:13

o

I have been looking and googling for about 3 hours and haven't found anything, Yes I found hitches on ebay but no patterns or measurements to make your own,That link is for a tractor not a garden tractor, Here is a link for something I need,http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321309353995?lpid=82

o

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 1:30

"tractor" or "garden tractor", the measurements side to side, height and pin diameters are universal between the two. There are no separate class of Cat. 0 and Cat. 1 hitches for garden tractors only.

From JD Cat. 1 garden tractor manual:

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/salesmanual/en_NA/lawn_equipment/attachments/bm23882_category_1_3-point_hitch_x400-500-700.html

From JD Cat. 0 garden tractor manual:

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/salesmanual/en_NA/lawn_equipment/attachments/bm17327_cat_0_three_point_hitch.html

You can buy the Cat. 0 kit from JD that fits the 455, at greenpartstore.com: Part no. BM17327. A little pricey at $650.

o

Thanks, I didn't know the height and pin diameters are universal between the two, I read on another forum where people were saying there is a seperate class of Cat. O and Cat. 1, Ruegg makes the hitches and everyone recommends them and to get the Cat. 1 because you can use more attachments with it, Cat.O is $340 and Cat. 1 is $420. Alot cheaper then John Deere,But I was trying to find the thickness and length of the rockshaft and thickness of the arms and braces and what type of material people use.

o

larso1, Thanks, I checked those 2 sites out and they did give me some good information, don't know how I missed them during all my searching.

o

Anybody have the measurements for the rockshaft on a 3pt. hitch for a john deere 455.

o

if nothing here, might ask again over at weekendfreedomachines.com... lotsa antlerheads hang out over there.

o

rcbe, Just went over there and made a post, So thanks, That site does seem alittle complicated but it might just be me.

o

rcbe, Is that site slow for responses? I posted on 2-19 and still haven't heard from anyone.

o

hard to say. But, this is still the slow time of the year for OPE forum activity. Just make sure you posted in the forum section most appropriate for your machine model - or you might try taking your question to a JD dealer...?

o

Got 2 responses today and they were helpful, Maybe I'm just not patience enough, Will try another JD dealer tomorrow, First one seemed like it was too much for him too do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here