Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
antietam111

Deere cart

Last fall i got a great Deere mower LA105 model. I really need a new cart for the mower, but don't want to spend more on the cart than i did on the mower! Can anyone suggest another cart i could use with the mower, or some connection I can use with the mower?

Thanks!

Mary S.

Comments (6)

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    12 years ago

For about $100, less on sale you can pick up a smaller cart at TSC, Lowe's, etc. It won't be "green" but a rattle can of paint could resolve that if you're picky....

Ev

• krnuttle
    12 years ago

I think you well be happier in the long run, if you look at an all metal trailer that a plastic or other composite one.

Once you get the cart you will be using it for many more things that you foresee, at least that is the way it has been for me.

• rustyj14
    12 years ago

I have seen some nifty lawn carts at the local large hardware store. They sell all kinds of things, including lawn carts. They have steel bodies, plastic bodies, wood bodies. What ever trips yer trigger.
    From experience i have seen steel ones go to rust in a couple years, if stored outside. The plastic ones, i would buy, before steel. most have air tires, which helps them to roll easy on grass or dirt. I haven't seen any that couldn't be pulled around by the average lawn tractor, or a riding mower, ala Snapper Rear engine rider.
    Of course--if ya live out in the desert, steel would be ok, or aluminum. Haven't seen any aluminum carts yet, but i don't get away very often, any more.
    Many years ago, i built my own leaf hauling cart. It dumped, and didn't have air tires, but the plain hard rubber tires lasted a long time! I used old furnace galvanised tin parts to build it. Still not rusted out!
    Most Craftsman lawn carts i have seen, here in W. PA., do rust quickly-a couple of years. Don't know about other areas. If ya live in salt water country-well---

• wheely_boy
    12 years ago

My steel Craftsman cart has been around for about 20 years. Sure it is rusty but who cares. I've had to put tubes in the tires years ago and the side walls are all bulged out from hauling 800# stumps. Best $120 I ever spent.

• rustyj14
    12 years ago

Yes, Wheely Boy, i have one of those craftsman carts, too. Found it out for trash day. took it home, aired up the tires, and i use it around my place.
    Another time, found one that same way. Really nice and shiny clean. I didn't want to make a mistake, so i went up to the house, saw somebody sweeping out the garage. I asked about the cart--lady sez:"Take it--it's junk! Can't you see that?" I told her that yes, i can see that, and away i went! Some folks----
    Another time, i found a new-looking chipper setting out for trash! Got it, too. Some folks-------

• SamuelR
    12 years ago

Hey Mr Sharpsburg, it may sound a little funny, but if you can find them, the Rubbermaid polypropeline tractor carts are truly worth the investment. It has the pnuematic tires, a full 1" axle, a removable tailgate, and it dumps at the right angle. I have hauled boulders, gravel,mulch soil, it is nearly indestructible. I have the larger size it holds 2 full size plastic trash cans (for the newer self loading refuse trucks). it doesn't match my JD X540 or the 3720... as it is gray w/ white rims, but it will last just as long. i got mine @ grainger.... hope this helps

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus