Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a Riding mower for tree-filled acre lot (picture attached)

Posted by nealvey Tennessee (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 11:47

Hi all, we just purchased a new home in December that sites on an acre lot. The lot has about 50 trees, though probably 10-20 in the areas we need to mow (the others are clumped together...I'll use a push mower or trimmer around those areas). The front yard has a gentle slope and shouldn't be any problem. The backyard has 2 flat areas with a decent slope between them (steeper on one side of the yard, gradual on the other). I've attached a picture to try to show some of the yard.

Any thoughts on a solid riding mower / lawn tractor? Looking for something that's easy to use and can handle the trees/slope. I don't expect heavy usage out of it for much else, however I may use a trailer for hauling yard waste, etc. My preferred budget is $1500-$2000, though could probably go up to $2300-$2500 is there is something out there that is worth the extra money.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a Riding mower for tree-filled acre lot (picture attache

Your yard is just like mine, have 1.5 acre but only mow half of it. I have 70 trees in the part I mow but have to go around about 20. I also pull a heavy Cyclone rake all around the trees and hills without problems. I also plow a 300 Ft driveway and plug aereate twice a year. I've had the John Deere X300 since 2010 and has been running without problems. $2800 for the X300 but worth the money.

This post was edited by leafeanator on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 8:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here