Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmphoto_gw

Buying my first zero turn, advice needed

JMphoto
12 years ago

Hi all, I have been on the home forums here for here for some time and it has been a lot of wonderful people and suggestions, so I thought this would also be a great place to get some advice. We just built a new home last year and moved in during the fall. I will have new grass soon, hopefully! Our lot is 1. acres (home and driveway take up some of that). It is fairly smooth, some gradual slopes and the back yard has a little swail, but nothing real steep. I have only ever needed a push mower, so this is my first zero. A small local lawnmower shop sells simplicity and I was looking at the ZT2000 which has a 52" deck and B&S engine with 26 hp and they sell it for $2995. I was all set to get that until I stopped by another local garden center and they sell Hustler and have a Sport with a Honda engine and 48" deck. The Hustler has a fabricated deck and 3 yr warranty and looks a lot beefier. They have that for $3750. Since I am new to this, is there anything I need to consider? Suggestions please.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living