Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cub cadet sz60

Posted by violator none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 7:31

Does anybody know what sort of quality the cub cadet sz60 is.I am just about to purchase a new mower and they seem like they have excellent features and a good price, but i am wondering if there is a catch with the quality????
I have 5 acres which is a little hilly and a little bit rough but generally pretty good and it is kept mowed short most of the time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cub cadet sz60

The tank riders are fairly decent machines. They are not in the same ballpark as a Walker or something else you'd see very many of on the back of a landscaper's trailer. As a homeowner, you should do fine mechanically. Do you feel that your "hilly" terrain is a consideration?

o
RE: cub cadet sz60

agree with tom's take. would also add that such a machine will need inside storage, will burn a lot of fuel and require a substantial amount of ongoing maintenance. don't plan to just hop on it it , cut and hop off.
cutting round obstacles is relatively easy (slow on sharp turns), but long runs across open areas on less than smooth ground will demand your fulltime steering attention on the control sticks - both hands. If you are not aware of these things already, suggest you rent a similar machine first to find out if you really like how it handles.

This post was edited by rcbe on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 8:16

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here