Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wiring diagram

Posted by kemperhills none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 10:58

I have a Simplicity riding mower, Model # 1693795 that kills the engine when the when the PTO button is pulled. Last year the blades wouldn't engage when the PTO button was pulled and I replaced the backup overide switch and it worked for a while. Now the opposite has happened. If you turn the backup override switch before engaging the blades it runs fine.

Question, does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this mower. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wiring diagram

Well, the fact that you can keep it running by invoking the "mow in reverse" over rule switch tells me that the issue is likely the reverse sensing switch has failed in the applied position, or a wire serving that sensor/switch has shorted to ground, which mimics the condition of shifting to reverse gear. Or in other words, it thinks you have selected REVERSE travel.... all the time.
If you can locate the reverse sensing switch and wiring you can probably/maybe solve the problem without an actual diagram.

o

Ok, thanks for the info, I will see what I can do.

o

My "guess", not having a schematic, is a bad, misadjusted or disconnected seat switch.
EDIT- mownie may have a schematic and he IS knowledgeable about these, so pay attention to him first-

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 14:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here