Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna model279200 - no spark

Posted by dugginmcgee none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 12:01

Someone gave this tractor to my son in law, They said it ran when they parked it three years ago. Of course it doesn't, I have no spark. I have a wiring diagram I down loaded, need to know if terminal M on ignition switch powers the ignition module for run, or grounds ignition to turn off ignition. all of my garden tractors that I own are presafety switch, so not sure how the seat switch comes into play on this machine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna model279200 - no spark

Grounds to kill the spark.

First, I'd make sure the connector to the seat switch is fully "plugged in", and that the seat is fully opening the switch when occupied.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you probably want to remove the engine cowl and disconnect that wire from the coil to check for spark. Possible mice chewing off the insulation?? In any case that allows you to confirm/deny a bad coil.

A link to the manual so one could look at the actual schematic might be helpful.

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 12:32

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here