Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Carb linkage:

rustyj14
12 years ago

B&S 12 h.p. Engine, linkage box on side of engine, with the carb that sets at a slant out from the engine. Two rods on carb., that go into the box. In the box is a lever, with a coil spring hooked to it, and the---AWWW RATS! I need to know where and how the spring is hooked up inside the box. The throttle cable makes one lever move, but i'm so mixed up, i'm not sure what day it is! A good drawing of the inside of that box, with the cables and rods hooked up correctly, would be a big help! Rusty Jones

Comments (9)

• tomplum
    12 years ago

Gee Rusty, it looks just like the one over there... I can't supply a drawing, some did have a punched out tab the spring hooked on to. Numbers?

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tom: I'll get the numbers tomorrow. Right now, i have to get ready to take my wife and me to the annual Firemen's Ball. I think i'm the oldest member, but not sure. Don't matter any way--ain't getting a medal-maybe a boot!
    I should of thought of getting the numbers, but with all that is happening here at home, my mind is in a tizzy.
    My wife is always checking my e-mail, looking for some hussy trying to carry me off! Good thing the party is free! I couldn't buy a crutch for a crippled crab!

• tomplum
    12 years ago

Heh heh- you crack me up Rusty!

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Went to the party last evening. Things went along quite well! Ruth made it thru the whole party without any problems! (A product of working most of her life, testing cigarettes for the makers!)
    Everybody had a swell time-the refreshments were all free! As was the good eats!
    All the men got a free Smith & Wesson! They said we might need them later on! It is a knife-folding blade, heavy and SHARP! It'll be handy, ya know!?
    And, we got to test the liquid refreshments--all FREE!!
    I didn't have to worry about driving home--only live 3/4 mile from fire house. And, i have the cop on duty's lawn tractor in my garage for fixin!

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's the dope on the carb/engine numbers: Briggs & Stratton
    Single cylinder.
    Model: 252707

Type: 0638-01

Code: 82090211

Note: I think they designed those controls to dumb-found us mechanics.

I've been trying to sell him a nice Craftsman tractor, but he hasn't bit on it yet.

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You all can stop trying to figure out the choke linkage!
    My son stopped in and asked me whats up. I told him about having trouble with the choke control box. He looked at it-then he put it all together and it works right.
    And then---the owner came in. I told him i have more to do on it--he said forget it. So i presented him with the bill: He turned seven shades of purple, so i told him to take his tractor and leave, and thanks for the experience.
    I suppose, him being a cop--other folks might not be brave enough to present a local cop a bill for tractor repairs. I am!
    At the same time, i started up my Toro/Wheel horse, that had been stored in the old garage since last fall. It runs well and mows. I offered it to the cop for $125 and his old one--all i got was a fishy eyed stare! Ho-hum!

• tomplum
    12 years ago

Did you not get my email Rusty? Do you get a new email recently? Or was it not helpful? Oh well...

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gee, Tom, I'll have to check the in-box.
    It is all fixed. Starts and runs. BUT! When the cop came to get it--he was incensed that i'd ask for money for fixing it.So, it is sitting outside in the driveway and he can come get it whenever. I hope it don't rain, but if it does---oh, well, i didn't cover it!
    Of course--it doesn't start on his battery-it is stone dead! Hey---no pay/no play! /and, he won't be able to say i cheated him out of his cash, since he didn't pay any to me.

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tom: Sorry about that. Yes, i did get your message, but my son was in before i got in here, to get your message. Thanks for the reply! I didn't want you to think your help wasn't appreciated! Rusty J.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner