Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
john deere 445

Posted by steverobin Ind (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 16:54

JD445- starts fine. after cutting for 1/2 -1hr. it shuts off and won't start for 1/2 hr or so. If I turn it off before it shuts off, same thing. After 1/2-1hr, it starts right up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: john deere 445

The JD 425/445 can/will have strange problems when the Time Delay Module is failing or has failed.

Google for more info.

o

If the condenser for the spark plug is failing you will also see a similar problem.

o

The JD 445 garden tractor has a Kawasaki FD620D liquid cooled fuel injected V-twin with transistor ignition.

o

You tell him, Just-a-jerker!

o

wheely,

There's no need for name calling. Just want the OP to get accurate info and not send him on a wild goose chase.

If you've got something helpful to add to the thread post it otherwise change hands and keep smiling.

This post was edited by justalurker on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 13:03

o

Careful now JAL.. don't wanna get rollergirl started back on one of his artististic bents - He is SO into Photoshop....

o

Thanks. I looked up the time delay module on google. I will see if that helps. Is there any way to "jump" that module, or does it just need to be replaced to see if it makes a difference?

o

AFAIK there's no Q&D field test for the module but it is a common problem and modestly priced.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here