Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cousinwill

K66 problem

cousinwill
10 years ago

hello. Here's my tale. I have a K66L tranny in my 2003 Simplicity Conquest. Last summer I noticed it was leaking along part of the seam of the upper and lower shell(?). I tightened the bolts a bit, but it didn't stop the leak completely and was afraid to tighten any more. I ordered the fluid, filter, and sealant from TuffTorq with the thought of opening it, changing the filter while I'm in there, and resealing it myself. But I chickened out (I'm no mechanic) and took the tranny to the local dealer to have them do it.

When I got it back and installed it, it wouldn't move the tractor. Called the shop, they said air was inside and bring it back, so I took the whole tractor back. I got it back and it was marginally better but nowhere near right. Growls, goes forward so, so, and backwards worse or not at all if on a grade. dealer said it would get better as I used it. It has gotten a little better, but not acceptable.

The dealer has called Simplicity and TuffTorq and they offer no help other than what the dealer has already know to do.

Since I took just the tranny to the dealer, they have no way of knowing that it ran right before I gave it to them to reseal. It did run perfect prior to their working on it, but I can't blame them at all for not acting on my word.

Now to the point: do I spend $1200 on a new tranny? Do I have the dealer rebuild hoping that it works? Is there something that one of you knows about that could fix this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Will

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County