Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
viro_gw

Used or new John deere?

viro
11 years ago

Moving to a new house and I get to get a rider! Yay! ...... Only I don't have a clue on what I should be looking at. We have a dealer in town but haven't had a chance to get in yet and I'm still doing a little research.

I'm moving to a 1 acre property for starters and plan to get a utility trailer to haul dirt/rocks etc while landscaping, haul woof for the fire, more than likely hook up a blade for snow, possibly get a tiller too but it's really not a necessity.

I'm thinking I should be looking for something with a 2 cylinder just for the whole snow/ hauling stuff. I just have a habit of thinking things through too much.

We plan on sticking at this place for YEARS to come so I know buying new should last me all that and then some but obviously buying new saves some on the wallet. New, I was looking at the x300's but maybe a x500. I stare at the D-series but figure that it doesn't suit what I want. I'm hesitant to buy used only to have it crap out in 10 years and be forced to get another.

Anyways, a guy I work with has a gt275. Looks in pretty decent shape, seems to be well maintained motor wise. $2300 Canadian is the asking price which includes mulch kit. The JD dealer has a 504 for $3900 ( not sure of year).

Educate me. Knock some sense into me. Lol! I'm not against buying new or used, just want to be comfortable knowing I'll make a good choice and possibly save some cash in the process.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH