Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikekey123

Craftsman model 917.276240

mikekey123
10 years ago

A LITTLE STORY ABOUT MY CRAFTSMAN GT5000 Kohler V-TWIN 25HP SEARS MODEL 917.276240. At the end of last year�s cutting season, I got sideways on a hill and got a nose full of smoke. I�m assuming this was the drive belt that I was smelling. Anyway the hydrostatic drive would not propel me forward any longer, so I walked back to the house. After approximately 2 hours, I got back on the mower and started it up and engaged the forward drive once again and it worked just fine long enough to get me back to the garage. I could tell by the vibration that the drive belt was shot. Anyway I let her sit for the winter and once the grass began to grow this year, I got back on her and began to cut. The belt vibration was too much and I called my local sears with the part number for the belt. "CAN I SAY MONOPOLY ON PARTS!". Anyway, I just now replaced the drive belt and did about 3 minutes worth of cutting and all was well. I turned off the mower and put the belt covers back on. After sitting for a few minutes, I decided to take one last lap before I put her up in order to get ready to cut grass the following day. Low and behold, I pulled the PTO switch this time and nothing happened. No click, no nothing. I made several attempts to start the PTO and nothing happened. Ready to giveup I started the mower one more time and engaged the PTO. This time the blades began to turn, but only for a moment, at which time they stopped. Not sure where to go from here. Grass is 10 feet tall. NEED HELP!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored