Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linkage problem--Mounting a 42" QC3 deck to a Craftsman LT2000

Posted by Joe53 none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 9:22

having trouble with this --- got a funky mechanical torsion linkage on this replacement deck I bought...

problem is...will it work on a mower that originally had a deck that used a standard cable/spring tensioner ?

the linkage looks screwy to me

attaching a pic here.....help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linkage problem--Mounting a 42" QC3 deck to a Craftsman LT200

Since i have had a lengthy experience with Craftsman mower decks, as used on c-man tractors, Might i suggest that you either go buy a new tractor, or buy a used Craftsman lawn tractor, that the deck will fit!
By the time you finally get that deck to work on a tractor it was not designed for--you will not have any hair left, as you will have torn it all out, in your fits of desperation! The picture shows a mower deck that looks ok, with all of the operating rods and cable attachments.It looks like a Craftsman deck.
But-if your tractor is not the model the deck fits, your grass will have turned green then brown, many times. Take my advice--buy the make of tractor that fits the deck, or, save a lot of cussing, buy a new machine!
Rusty Jones, The Mower Man.

o

grin....thks Rusty......for the honest feedback.....

I had someone tell me it would work as far as replacing the old tensioner style setup.....but I don't see how the cable and spring would hook up to that mishmash of rods,,,,,that pic I posted is not the deck I bought for 50 bucks....but its the same QC3 in 1 model......and I have all the rods...I think

Question is 3 in 1 what? 3 headaches in 1 deck? ha yeah I think that's what they meant

o

Wow. That is an oldie. But yes, It will work. The idler in the right side of your pic needs to be remounted to the rear like your old deck on the idler cam bolt. The cable bracket installed on the back and long idler bolt must be installed in the LH idler. You may have to drill a hole for the return spring if the slot isn't under the deck. Most would use the 144959 belt. The idler cam and top plate are the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here