Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GT235 Primary Belt Replacement

Posted by razordave OK (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 10:42

I have a JD GT235. I need to replace the primary (motor to deck)belt. My manual lists the part# as M143019. The one that has been on it since I bought it used is clearly marked as a JD M144677.
The one that has been on it is a standard looking v-belt with all sides smooth. Every replacement that I can find for the part numbers listed above is cogged on the inner and outer sides. I tried one of these cogged versions last Summer and it didn't last one full mow, so I put the badly worn original back on. It shredded on me yesterday so I have to get a replacement.
I haven't been to JD dealer yet because all of them near me have closed and the only ones in my region are in rural areas, dozens of miles away, so I'd have to make the trek on a weekend sometime. I'd rather order online or buy a 3rd party belt at a local shop.
Anyway, are any of you guys familiar with my dilemma? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

rd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GT235 Primary Belt Replacement

Go to the JD parts site http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Fill in GT235 in the model search field and check the box next to Exact Model Search then you can look up the correct belt for your GT235.

You may have the wrong belt on there now or the belt may have been revised to a new part number.

In my experience aftermarket belts are a waste of money on JD riders. Get the right belt.

You can order the belt from JD parts and have it shipped to you or you can contact online dealers like Keepingitgreen.com

Once you have the correct JD part number Google it and a list of sellers will pop up. Make sure they sell the REAL JD belt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here